Monday, May 10, 2010

A New Challenge

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. I would have posted but had an unexpected visit to a friend's house, which was pretty nice.

I gave myself a pretty good scare over the weekend. I was curious about the long-term effects of arthritis on the hands, and decided to use Google Images. My mind instantly went into "what if" mode, wondering what would happen if my hands became worse and crippled? Would my boyfriend still let me touch him, or would he be repulsed by my hands? Would I even have functioning hands?

The list of what if's went on and on...I'm realizing(thanks to my boyfriend's Mom) that having a negative outlook only attracts negative energy. How am I supposed to help my body heal when I can only focus on how bad things could get?

So, this weeks challenge for myself is to write one positive thought a day, and to acknowledge and release any negative thoughts. Today's positive statement is:

My body is capable of anything, including healing arthritis.

For the rest of this week, I will be focusing on positive thinking and drawing healthy, happy energy into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment