Wednesday, May 26, 2010

One Day Left...

Good evening! I hope everyone is enjoying their week thus far. I read an interesting article in a magazine today(I don't remember the name of the magazine). It was about doing what you want to do and living life to it's fullest. A doctor conducted a workshop to help people determine what they want to do with their lives. She first asked the students what they would do if they had one year left to live.They answered that they would eat whatever they wanted, travel to places they have never been, never hold back, ect.

What would you do if you had one year left to live? I would go sky diving, try as many chocolate dishes as I could, go deep sea diving, travel the world and be with my family and friends.

After the students had written down what they would do with a year left to live, the doctor asked them to think about what they would do if they had six months left to live. If you had six months left to live, what would you do with the time remaining? I would spend time cooking the things I have never cooked but always wanted to try, sing karaoke with my friends and family, dance until my feet were sore and not care about how silly I looked while I did it, read the books I love and spend time helping others.

After brainstorming what they would do with six months left to live, the doctor asked them to brainstorm what they would do with one month left to live. What would you do with one month? I would make sure my boyfriend knew how much I love him and how thankful I am for everything he has done, I would apologize to all the people I have ever hurt, spend as much time as I could laughing and making others laugh, write a book and dance no matter how silly I looked.

Now, what would you do if you have a week left to live? With one week, I would honestly probably feel pretty depressed about having to leave my boyfriend and cat behind but would try very hard to enjoy the time I had left. I would be sure my boyfriend knew that no one else has ever influenced my life so greatly, and I that I want him to be happy, I would be sure my cat had everything she would need as well, and spend as much time as I possibly could with friends, family and animals. I would dance, and laugh, try to live as stress-free as I possibly could and go camping. I love camping, but never get to do it. There's nothing better then sitting around a camp fire roasting marshmallows and making smores with the people you love. I would sing around that fire, and share stories and memories from the past.

One day left to live: What would you do with it? I would try some of the fruit that I always wanted to try but was too expensive to buy, spend lots of time with my boyfriend, family and cat, and spend the time around a campfire. I would go skinny dipping for fun and dance for the last time. I would be sure the last memory of me was one of joy and love, and nothing negative.

Now, think of everything. Why wait for next week to do something you can do today. You never know how short life is, so take advantage of the time you have TODAY. Tomorrow may not come.

I think this blog has been an entire positive though exercise, so I'm not going to re-write what I already have! Remember, there is no better time than the present!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, nice blog you have got here. I like the orange background, it is very cheery and positive and makes me smile. Nice post, I totally agree, life is way too short, live today as if its your last :-)

    Will definitely be visiting your blog regularly.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raising some very good questions there, what would i do with one week to live? I will be following!

    check out my blog.
    http://xfitbambi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete