Friday, November 5, 2010

it's raining, it's pouring...

It's official. The next time Environment Canada issues a rain warning for my region, I am going to listen. I thought the storm might bring a bit of rain throughout the weekend, but it hasn't stopped raining ALL day. Wind, rain...Yikes! At least it is warm(about 15 degrees Celsius).

I did something today that I haven't been able to do in years: I played my flute. The last time I picked it up to play resulted in pain and I wasn't able to hold the weight of the flute in my hands long enough to even play a few simple notes. My fingers would ache and it would be hard to move them without pain, making the instrument even more difficult to play.

Today was different. I played for two hours. I played even though I couldn't remember all the notes on the sheet music or all the fingers for the notes. I played what I remembered, and what I couldn't remember I looked up. I am pretty much a novice again, but that is fine with me. It's exciting that I am experiencing almost no pain and less stiffness even on a rainy day.

I do have to admit that I am missing meat a bit, though. I am not eating chicken or fish, or any other form of meat. Some meats turn me off anyways, but the thought of BBQ chicken is mouth watering. In the end, it is not worth the RA. I just need to remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment