Thursday, November 4, 2010

Exciting News!

It's been a few days since my last post, but I am FINALLY feeling better! That cold is a nasty one that seems to attack everything and anything in your body. It started in my throat, went to my sinus's, my body ached, I had headaches and a sore throat, went temporarily deaf from the sinus stuff and now it is in my chest. On the bright side, I am feeling better today than I have been all week!

I found out a few interesting things to help with the common cold during this week, using my body as an experiment...and since I was already sick, it couldn't really hurt, right? I discovered that Tabasco sauce, salt, ginger, black pepper, lemon and honey mixed with a bit of warm water then gargled helps relieve a sore throat. Mind you it burns the tongue. I also discovered how much I hate halls and how badly they upset my stomach, but Fishermen's Friend are lovely and help a dry, scratchy throat more than Halls. They are also easier on the stomach and cheaper on the wallet...

I am also thinking about cutting out ALL sources of meat, including eggs and dairy. The thought of eggs has been turning me off, but cheese, well cheese is always tasty! I am just cutting down on the cheese and avoiding the eggs. I am not eating fish anymore, it just doesn't appeal to me in any way.

Another very exciting thing I have discovered is that my pain is very minimum, hardly there at all and my stiffness! Oh my! Are you ready for the news...? My stiffness, which I have been having for years and years, that causes trouble with me in the kitchen and doing every day things with my hands...It is INCREDIBLY LESS!

I am so happy to see this change! I was at work today cutting tomatoes and noticed it wasn't hurting. I was preparing Spicy Chicken Salad for the sandwiches at work, slicing lots of chicken nuggets and chicken burgers...Normally I would have to stop every few minutes to give my hands a rest. This time, I didn't have to stop once. Not once! I am very happy and excited about this!

It will be interesting to see how things go tomorrow, because we have a rain storm starting tonight. If I am pain free and stiff-free tomorrow, I will be ecstatic. I am already ecstatic, but I'll be even more so tomorrow!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week and enjoying the weather. Does anyone have snow yet?

Take care!

2 comments:

  1. Great news, Stacie! I'm glad that you're feeling so much better, both from the cold and from RA. Hope that the RA improvements continue. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Wren! I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete